The Pyrenees by
trail-running with Maxime Cazajous
3 days / 2 nights | from September 25th to 27th
Duration: 3 days
For 3 days, explore the Pyrenean trails in the company of Maxime Cazajous, ultra-trail runner from Béarn and several times Top 5 of the Diagonale des Fous in Reunion.
Improve your technique both uphill and downhill, learn to prevent injuries, progress in the use of poles, manage your diet, your preparation and your recovery … In short, with Maxime Cazajous, progress in the trail in the mountains! In short, with Maxime Cazajous, progress in the mountain trail!
€ 430 per person
You will be accommodated in one of the 7 suites or apartments of the residence.
Beginning of the stay
Friday September 25 at 5 pm
End of the stay
Sunday September 27 at 6:45 pm
The price includes
> supervision by Maxime Cazajous, high level ultra-trail runner
> the tests and analysis of Nicolas Boyer, coach of Maxime Cazajous and former coach of Olympic athletes
> the intervention of a physiotherapist of professional sportsmen on the prevention of the risk of injury in the trail runner
> sessions and track locations
> full board from Friday evening to Sunday noon: delivery of meals by our gourmet chef
> the Ergysport welcome pack
> tourist tax
The price does not include
> drinks and personal expenses
> cancellation and repatriation insurance
> your transport to the meeting point and from the end of the course
(optional: we can pick you up and bring you to the Lourdes SNCF train station as well as to Tarbes-Lourdes and Pau airports)
Equipment to provide
> 5 to 15l trail backpack
> waterproof or windproof jacket
> warm long sleeve top
> adapted socks
> plastic bag for waste
> energy bars, dried fruits…
> neck warmer and cuffs
> running poles
During the stay, outings will last around 2h30. Regular training several times a week with occasional long outings (>2h) is therefore recommended.
Distance: 60 Km | Intensity: 6/6 | Technicality: 5/6
Day 1 - Friday September 25
• Arrival from 5 pm at the L’Argalyde residence
• 7:30 pm: presentation of the staff, welcome drink and delivery of welcome packs by Maxime Cazajous
• 8 pm: dinner
Day 2 - Saturday September 26
• 7 am – 8:30 am: breakfast
• 9 am: briefing and presentation of the test by Nicolas Boyer (trainer of Maxime Cazajous)
• 9:30 am – 12.00 am: tests
• 12:30 pm – 1:45 pm: sports snack
• 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm: analysis of the tests and advice for training
• 4 pm: trail run with Maxime Cazajous
• 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: sauna, Jacuzzis, swimming lane, stretching and massages (optional)
• 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm: intervention Stéphane Margaix (physiotherapist of professional sportsmen) on the recovery and the prevention of the risk of injury in the trail runner
• 8:30 pm: dinner and briefing the next day
Day 3 - Sunday September 27
• 7 am – 8:30 am: breakfast
• 9 am: briefing and presentation of the day’s outing
• 9:30 am – 12 noon: trip 1
• 12:30 pm – 1:45 pm: picnic snack
• 2 pm – 5 pm: trail run 2
• 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm: sauna recovery, jacuzzis, swimming lane, stretching and massages (optional)
• End of the stay
A native of the country, Maxime lives in Nay, between Pau and L’Argalyde, at the foot of the mountains.
A former rugby player, Maxime started trail running out of love for the mountains. Throughout training and races, Maxime progresses until he tries his first long races. Throughout training and races, Maxime progresses until he tries his first long races.
He participated for the first time in La Diagonale des Fous in 2015 and immediately fell in love with this event. He then participates every year until reaching the podium in 2018 behind, excuse the little, Benoit Girondel and François D’Haene. He then participates every year until reaching the podium in 2018 behind, excuse the little, Benoit Girondel and François D’Haene.
Thanks to his experience, Maxime Cazajous will therefore be the ideal guide to help you progress in trail.
Your base camp
During your stay, you will be accommodated in our residence. Ideally located at the foot of the Pyrenees, L’Argalyde will provide you with 7 fully equipped, comfortable and flexible apartments and suites. In the residence, you will enjoy sports and well-being areas to optimize your recovery after your outing.
Are you interested in this stay? Do you have questions?
Ask them below, we will get back to you quickly.